What is a Jade Roller.
Think of it as a hand held mini massager for the face. Since the 17th Century the Chinese have used this little beauty tool, and they believe that jade has the power to ward off bad Chi.
The typical Jade Roller has a large and small stone made from Jade. The larger stone is used over the cheeks, forehead, jawline and neck. The smaller stone is use around the eye area and the mouth.
The aim is gently massage the skin and push the toxins towards the lymph nodes, and increasing blood circulation.
What are the benefits of using a Jade Roller
* The gentle pressure of the massage helps to stimulate the blood circulation in the skin to give a brightening effect, and reduce the tension in muscles in the face.
* Using the roller helps encourage lymphatic drainage and boost the detoxification of the skin
* Drawing the toxins away helps to lift and tone the skin
* Jade is naturally cool and this helps to calm the skin, smooth and reduce puffiness
* Facial massage relieves stress in the facial muscles and this helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles
* The jade roller can help with better absorption of your skincare products
* Help reduce puffiness around the eye area
How often can I use the Jade Roller
The roller can be used twice a day morning and evening after applying your serums and cremes. However you can use it throughout the day, anytime you feel your face needs soothing and calming. In the warmer months keep your roller in the fridge.
How do I use the roller
Always use on cleansed skin. It is also best to apply a serum or oil before massaging.
For best results it is important to roll over the face correctly. The aim is to push the toxins away towards the lymph nodes, near the ear and in the base of the neck.
Always roll from the centre outwards. You can roll backwards and forwards and outwards.
Here's the process to follow with your jade roller:
1. Cheeks & jaw. Place the large end of the jade roller on your chin, apply medium pressure and roll it towards your ear. Roll backwards and forwards in and outward. Repeat in the same spot 5 – 6 times, then move up along your cheek. Repeat on the opposite side.
2. Forehead. Next, move up to your forehead. Starting in the middle of your forehead, use the large end to roll towards your ears. Repeat in the same motion 5 – 6 times then switch to the opposite side of your forehead.
3. Under eyes. Using the small end, apply medium pressure, gently roll out from the inner eye towards to outer corner. Repeat 10 – 15 times and switch to the other eye.
4. Brows. Follow the same method as the under eyes, just above the eyes!
5. Crows feet. Use the small end, apply medium pressure and move the small end of the roller up and down on the corner of your eye. Repeat on the other side.
6. Jaw /Neck Finish off using the large end of the roller working downwards along the side of the neck towards the lymph node.
How do I care and clean my Jade Roller
It's important to take care of your roller and treat it as yo would your makeup brushes. After use wipe with a gentle microfibre cloth. If you prefer a deeper clean use a gentle cleaner on the microfibre cloth and wipe over roller stones. Be careful not to wet the metal parts of the roller. Leave out to dry before putting away. Avoid harsh chemical cleaners.
Your Jade stone roller is quite delicate. Store in a safe place and never drop it as it is likely to break.
Your Jade Roller is a beauty tool you can use everyday to and can usually inexpensive and be purchased at most beauty store.
Your Jade Roller will help you keep your skin glowing:
Improve the circulation and help remove toxins in the skin
Relax the facial muscles and helping reduce fine lines and wrinkles
Increase the absorption of your skincare products
Reduce puffiness and soothe the skin
Lift and smooth your skin
Have fun and massage away.